I got home from camp and was delighted to find a lovely card in my post box; addressed to 'Miss J Chappell'. Who would it be from? Why were they writing? So before I'd actually opened my front door, I had begun to open this card (I have an outside post box!). This was not just a card it had a lovely letter in it too (hand written!). I read the card first, but I began to get rather puzzled. So I stood still and started to read this properly...
"Last year you got a cake,
which I did bake,
This year you have a scene,
to continue the baking theme.
I should provide a clue, to help you find wally,
search high and low, he's not hid behind Holly.
Nor is it raining so he's not behind a brolly.
Take this task in Jest, for it is a folly.
Enjoy celebrating, the day you were born,
Until the early hours, when you begin in yawn,
After, B'balling, roboting and no doubt a leap,]you can then retire, for a thousand year sleep.
Have a great birthday, Kristian xx"
As you can imagine I was a little confused. it wasn't my birthday and I don't think I know anyone called Kristian. At a second glance the card was addressed to Jane. This didn't stop me from reading the letter though! Who is this guy (apart from a poet!)? Who is Jane? What could I find out? Is there another J Chappell in my area? Did J Chappell live here before as well?
"Jane,
thought I'd send you a card and wish you a very happy Birthday. I hope you have had a great day and have much merriment planned! If there isn't dancing involved over the weekend then I'll be extremely disappointed in you! While I remember 'Don't tell the Bride' is back on. Had a couple from Donny last week. Didn't surpass the bloke with the steel drum band though - still my all time favourite. Won't ever be beaten.
Government cuts look like meaning I won't have a job next year. Awaiting the spending review in October which will confirm things either way but its not looking good. This has meant I have had to shelve the house buying plans for a few months til I know whats happening and what I'll be earning next year.
On a positive note my BBC work experience has turned into paid employment. I'm doing a couple of shifts for them each week, writing stuff for BBC sport Website and producing and editing news bulletins and the like. I'm working 6 days a week which squeezes the time spent with the lady, which she's not happy about. It's pretty much a once in a life time opportunity though, to pursue a career I actually want to do (and you know how indecisive I am normally!), so she's been really understanding about it.
I'll bring it to a close now, have a super, smashing great birthday. Enjoy being 28! Kristian xx"
I shared this with some friends who came for lunch and we got excited about finding Kristian from the clues. I'll let you know if we make any progress...
No comments:
Post a Comment